Fire in the basement of an Adeje Hotel
Bomberos of San Miguel Adeje volunteer firefighters were alerted at 03.57 hours, to a fire in the basement of a hotel in Adeje. The security guard of the Hotel (currently closed to the public), reported that the fire alarm had gone off in the changing rooms located in the basement and that there was a lot of smoke.
Once at the scene, the firefighters verified that it was indeed a fire and that it was of electrical origin as it was located in the server room. After cooling and ventilating the area, the troops remained in place to ensure that the flames had been completely doused.
The hotel guard had to be treated by health workers from the Canary Islands Emergency Service, due to smoke inhalation.